An organization's ability to protect information - one of its most important, yet fragile, assets - has direct repercussions for the well-being and success of not only the company, but also its clients, employees and business partners. A security breach may irreparably damage a company's reputation, and can even jeopardize its very existence.
No business, large or small, wants to bear the financial blow of a security breach. However, for many SMBs the cost can be too high to recover from. With the average cost of fraud per organization, regardless of size, reaching $8.8 million in 2009, a high-profile security breach can be fatal to the brand and reputation of a growing business, as well as its bottom line.
Download this 7 page guide to learn how you can protect your customers and your business from a security breach. Topics include:
- Security challenges specific to SMBs
- Security breach prevention
- Legal reasons to protect sensitive information
- Document destruction as part of the security equation
- Case studies: SMBs that rely on secure document destruction